NOTE: Due to construction near Barracks Square, the Guard House and Soldiers' Barracks will not be open in 2017. They will re-open in 2018.
Performing nighttime and daytime Guard duty was required for private soldiers in an infantry regiment stationed in Fredericton from 1828 to 1869.
A tour of the Guard House includes visiting a restored Orderly Room, Guard Room and Cell Block as they would have looked in the 1800s. See the muskets, uniforms and equipment on display.
After touring the Guard House, walk across the square to the Soldiers’ Barracks and check out a furnished room, reminiscent of when soldiers bunked 19 to a room with little privacy or comfort.
English and French tours available July and August between 10am and 6pm, daily.